The SIU Research Park is a non-profit corporation affiliated with Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIU Carbondale) promoting technology and knowledge-based enterprise development within the Park and southern Illinois. It is the primary innovation and technology space in the southern third of Illinois and is a member of the Association of University Research Parks (AURP). As the University’s arm for technology transfer and research spin-outs, the Research Park is the local manifestation of the global innovation system. Its strength and success are directly tied to SIU’s classification as a Carnegie Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity institution, ranked among the top four percent of higher education research institutions in the United States.
Prospective tenants may apply to the SIU Research Park to lease land and construct buildings or to lease rooms in a multi-tenant facility. Start-up companies should apply for tenancy in the SIU Incubator Program, housed in the Dunn-Richmond Economic Development Center: a 55,000 square-foot, mixed-use facility offering multiple types of assistance to start, grow, and sustain innovative and technology-based companies.
The Dunn-Richmond Economic Development Center's incubator space is at capacity. For application and waiting list information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section is dedicated to news surrounding the SIU Research Park, SIU Carbondale, and the region as a whole, in regard to research, innovation, and technology enterprise development.
- SIU-affiliated team among finalists for $1M XPRIZE award
- Saluki Pride: Arash Komaee works to unlock next generation of surgical robotic tools
- SIU researcher seeks more efficient ways to make stronger structural materials
- DOE Will Assist 23 Communities With Locally Tailored Pathways to Clean Energy
- SIU Names New SBDC Director
- SIU geologist uses big data to discover when oxygen entered the Earth’s crust
- Illinois Emerges as Regional and National Leader in Startup Creation in 2021
- Southern Illinois Women in Science Recognized
- SIU student team makes finals in DOE’s solar power competition
- SIU doctoral student’s work results in major awards
- Innovation, entrepreneurial spirit highlight 2021 showcase
- SIU students among 23 teams worldwide to get XPRIZE funds to keep carbon in the ground
- Entrepreneurs invited to participate in Regions Bank 2021 Business Plan Competition
- SIU team is looking to create NASA’s next food source while in space
- SIU nets $44.7M in research grants and contracts in 2020-21
- SIU researchers aim to turn trash from coffee, tea into biodegradable plastic treasure
- SIU engineering professor uses NIH grant to probe how stem cells become specific tissue
- SI Now Officially Launches
- SIU student wildlife biologist researches how coyotes’ and bobcats’ travels impact ecosystem
- Discover how to start a business at SIU’s Small Business Development Center workshops
- Economic Impact of COVID-19 on Southern Illinois Businesses
- Strategic Planning Projects
- SIU students getting special entrepreneurship training and experience
- Novel bacterium designated ‘SIUC-1’ likes it hot, may make history
Discover how to start a business at SIU’s Small Business Development Center workshops
If you’ve ever considered starting your own